Hard water is a common problem in Southern California. It can contain high amounts of calcium and magnesium and form deposits on dishes, clothes, and in your plumbing system. At NexGen, we provide water softener installation by fully licensed and insured professionals. A water softener can remove hard water minerals or prevent them from accumulating, resulting in a wide range of benefits throughout your home. We specialize in the latest equipment and can find the best system based on the specific issues you’re having. Our technicians can also help repair and maintain your water softener system.
As groundwater flows through rocks such as limestone, it can pick up calcium, magnesium, and other minerals. Water hardness varies throughout the country. It’s measured in grains or parts per million (ppm). Based on recommendations by the Water Quality Association, homeowners should install a water softener if hardness levels are at 10 grains or 171 ppm or higher
If you have hard water in your home, it can cause a range of issues, including:
- Limescale: A buildup of limescale can clog pipes or reduce water pressure. It can also damage water-using appliances such as dishwashers and clothes washers. Mineral scale is typically crusty and a whitish color; it’s often not easy to remove.
- Less Effective Soap: The calcium and magnesium ions in hard water prevent soap from lathering. Instead, it becomes soap scum that sticks to shower walls, clothes, and your skin. You may find yourself using more soap to get your hands clean.
- Rust: Hard water can lead to rust stains on sinks, tubs, and toilets. It can also stain porcelain. Cleaning mineral stains is often difficult with common household products, leaving many homeowners with permanently stained fixtures.
Installing a water softener in your home can have many advantages. As hard water minerals accumulate in the tank (which are flushed as the system regenerates) and are exchanged with sodium ions, your water supply becomes purer, which can provide the following benefits:
- Better Skin: Hard water can lead to dry skin and worsen conditions such as eczema. Soap scum can also be irritating. Therefore, soft water can help alleviate certain conditions and lead to healthier skin.
- Higher-Quality Water: A water softener can improve water quality, which has benefits ranging from better-tasting foods and drinks to more effective showers. It can also take less time to clean dirt from surfaces in your house.
- Increased Appliance Lifespan: Hard water minerals can build up and cause blockages in appliances, causing them to malfunction and fail sooner than expected. A water softener system can increase the lifespan of appliances and avoid early replacements.
- Cleaner Clothes: Minerals can build up and cause stains on clothing, which can also wear out faster. By softening the water in your home, you can have softer clothes that are less likely to become dull, discolored, and weathered. You’ll also have cleaner dishes and kitchenware.
If you’re looking for a soft water system, our water softener installers near you can evaluate your home and determine the best type of system to provide. We’ve improved water quality in homes throughout Southern California. Limescale in your plumbing and appliances, stains on clothes, dry skin, and ineffective soap don’t have to affect your quality of life. NexGen’s water softener solutions can resolve these problems and more. To schedule water softener installation, book your appointment online or call (805) 301-6788 today.