Natural gas is a safe and effective fuel source for water heaters, stoves, dryers, and other appliances and equipment. To connect them, you need a skilled plumber trained to provide gas line services. The installation process requires the proper tools, equipment, and expertise. Throughout Southern California, NexGen provides gas line installation and replacement in addition to many other plumbing services. We’re available 24/7, provide free estimates, and offer a home protection plan that includes an annual whole-house plumbing inspection. When your natural gas line needs to be fixed or replaced, our team gets the job done quickly and effectively.
Gas leaks are extremely dangerous and can trigger explosions and sickness. Call a plumber if you notice any of these signs of a problem:
- Odors: The smell of sulfur or rotten eggs likely points to a gas leak. Natural gas doesn’t have an odor, but gas companies add mercaptan to make it detectable. Therefore, when something doesn’t smell right, call us for help.
- Hissing Sounds: If you hear hissing or whistling noises near a gas pipe or gas appliance, assume there is a leak and contact a plumber. Don’t attempt any further assessments or repairs yourself.
- Damaged Gas Pipe: Call us if any gas piping appears corroded, cracked, broken, or disconnected. It’s an immediate safety hazard and must be repaired or replaced right away.
- Dust Cloud or Haze: A cloud of dust or white haze around a gas line is a sign it’s leaking. The force of escaping gas causes materials around it to move about.
- Bubbling Water: If a puddle in your yard is bubbling and the site is above a gas line, call an emergency plumbing services company.
- Dead Plants: Exposure to natural gas kills houseplants. If you’ve watered and cared for your plants and they’re dying, have someone check for a gas leak.
- Physical Symptoms: Fatigue, lightheadedness, difficulty breathing, headaches, nausea, eye/throat irritation, nosebleeds, chest pain, and flu-like symptoms can be caused by exposure to natural gas.
NexGen installs all types of gas piping. If your gas lines are old or showing signs of wear, damage, or a leak, we’ll replace them. Our team is experienced with installing gas lines for:
- Water Heaters: Natural gas water heaters cost less to operate and offer a quicker hot water recovery time.
- Stoves: A natural gas stove turns on and off instantly and more evenly distributes heat, allowing for faster cooking.
- Dryers: Compared to an electric dryer, a natural gas unit is gentler on fabrics and less costly to operate than an electric model.
- Pool Heaters: A gas-powered heating unit quickly heats a pool and is effective at maintaining the desired temperature regardless of the weather.
- Furnaces: Nexgen installs single- and two-stage multi-speed and variable-speed gas furnaces. These models are highly efficient and reliable.
Safety is our top priority and we’re ready 24/7 to provide gas line repair. Even if the signs of a gas leak are subtle, the situation can quickly escalate, so call for help right away. Leave your home immediately if you smell gas inside. Don’t try to look for where it’s coming from. Our technicians will find the source of the leak when they arrive, turn off the gas, and repair the gas line.
At NexGen, our plumbers follow the latest safety guidelines and use advanced techniques to fix a natural gas line. They work quickly to get your gas connection working again. Aside from quick and effective repairs, they test the line to ensure it’s functional and your home is safe.
If you’re looking for gas line installation near you, contact NexGen; we’re an experienced and reputable plumbing services company. Our highly trained technicians specialize in installing and repairing gas piping. Whether a gas line must be repaired or replaced, you’ll receive a free estimate with competitive pricing and a quick solution. Call (805) 301-6788 or contact us online to schedule gas line installation, replacement, or repair.